Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty, Raag Kafi, part 1





Way back in 1986, as I was touring in Andhra area, one of my colleagues, Sri S.V.Ramana rao, if I remember right, hosted me for lunch and after we had our belly full, he asked me whether i would spare some time in listening to some good film songs.  Of the songs, this mesmerized me and I literally begged him to spare the casette for a while. He graciously agreed to.
Since then I would have listened to this song a full one thousand times.
Still the song rings, as you may see in the video itself.
 The raag still reverberates in your ears even as we move on to a different job.
And that is the peculiarity of this Raag.
Please listen to a cine song based on Raag Kafi.
kali ghadi dwaar khadi

No comments:

Post a Comment

புது பதிவைப் படித்துவிட்டுப் போறவரே !

உங்க எண்ணத்தைச் சொல்லிவிட்டுப் போங்க !!!